"I grow plants for many reasons: to please my eye or to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience, for novelty or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow" David Hobson
There have been many times my post focused on the orchid show.That is the most precious gift for each orchid enthusiasts. How to grow orchids from scratch to presentable orchid for orchid show?Many methods has been used by the orchid collector, and every one has its own way. I also learned this technique from my friends, and shared it here, how the most effective and most successful way replant the orchid.
Roots of orchids requires adequate ventilation for healthy growth.So begins the life cycle of orchids with their roots, then the leaves and flowers.Without healthy roots, no leaves or new shoots.If no new shoot, no flower will grow.
This post will answer to questions from Autumn Belle and some friends, how I grow my orchids.
Replant is the beginning ... the rest is care.Light, air flow, food (watering and fertilizer) and medicine (fungicide / pesticide) for orchids.
What do you need?
v. Hanging material
- Cutter should be heating with fire, to kills the bacterias.
- Orchid will be deducted from the base of pseudobulbs (at the rhizome -the joint of the pseudobulb).
- Effects of cuts should be rubbed with sulfur powder to prevent infection.
- All the roots of the pseudobulb should be completely cut off, to encourage new root growth.
- Pseudobulbs is then bound to the material that has been hanging in the pack in the pot.This is to ensure that planted pseudobulbs are not moving on the pot.Good ventilation will assist the rapid root growth.Avoid putting the media (charcoal) in the pot.
- After root growth occurs, approximately 1 inch, charcoal will be placed in the pot.Root growth is dependent upon pseudobulbs are cut.Front reference pseudobulbs roots will grow normally after two weeks, the middle pseudobulbs 3-6 weeks and back pseudobulbs around 4-8 weeks or some times up to 4 months. Normally this pseudobulb can live until 5 years, depends on the genera and species or sub-species.
- Light during this period was approximately 70% of sunlight.
- Watering plant were once a day.
Respond and comments are welcome...may be you can share your method and experience replant your orchids.